Wednesday 12 March 2014

Hse of Nwocha Presents "Cocoon: The 2014 Collections"

Hey guys!!
Been a minute! How are you all doing! I won't go the cliche route of how I've been so busy with "stuff" , I'd rather just thank God for the things that have been happening in my life lately that kept me away from the blog!! One of them is the opportunity to be on the production team of the Hse of Nwocha Show tagged "Cocoon." Wondering "why cocoon?" We'd get back to that...




Thank God & Thank you to family, friends, everyone who played a role especially my amazing team of dressers. The chief hostess of the show was my cuz, the hilarious one & only Chigul! She set a pleasant atmosphere with light jokes in all her alter egos & yes, I'm 'famzin' my cousin, moving one! LOL



Tonye & Erika Emmanuel


Ugonna Omeruo (Creative Director, HON) getting glammed up by Nneoma Effanga (Omalicha)


NJ Omeruo (HON Head of Operations)









I really enjoyed styling the runway collections! The 'White Rose' collection went first then the 'Red 13' collection which was followed by the final capsule collection; The Cocoon. The Cocoon is simply a representation of growth in everyone's life inspired by the metamorphosis of the butterfly, which I tried to capture when illustrating the concept artwork used in the events programme. So for the presentation itself, Ugonna & I dressed Alex (the mannequin) in 8 layers of intricately beaded beautiful pieces on stage to the viewing pleasure of the audience. Trust me most times my heart was in my throat praying that nothing goes wrong.

You can watch the video here















Yemi Alade

The show was then close by an electrifying performance from Yemi Alade performing hit singles such as Johny. You need to check out the video on Youtube, its that cool. 



So grateful to God to be counted amongst all the partnering brands! YAAAY Fenix Inkorporated Illustrations #GettingThere






Definetely high fashion clothes deserve their shine on the red carpet, which some pieces from the 'Red 13' & 'Cocoon' collections got at the AMVCAs.




Vimbai (hostesses of the award ceremony), Ugonna, Nj & model; Makida all shone in Hse of Nwocha.





*sigh* Its been a whirlwind of clothes & more clothes that I'm still picking threads out of my hair! Anyways I'm turning a year older in a few minutes so let me be the first to wish myself a happy birthday! LOL See you soon...


Stay Haute,
Sir Binna.



No comments:

Post a Comment